Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / pH Color

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 00:09 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2004 11:38
Well guys, I made some program for my pupils : It shows the chemical reaction between 2 products (but now, it's only TEXT)

You can download it, it's pH Color 1.00 on http://membres.lycos.fr/afnee/down/sciences/index.html

But now, I could need some help, I need some nice backgrounds for it with fields to put the text (which you can allready see) in.
- There should be one background for the Main Menu
- Another background for the experiment
- I think it would be nice, that the fields (with the text) weren't simple fields placed over a background (or I would have done it easily myself), it should melt in the background.
- the background should have some chemical look
- Oh, yeah ... I'll get you in the credits, if anyone has the kindness to help me.

(640X480)

By the way, you can tell me what you think about the programm. (I'm sorry, it's in french, but I don't think that matters much for drawing backgrounds)

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 04:25
if you can descirbe what features and generic style you want to head into then i could accomodate you.

If you build screens with black areas indicating where not to lay graphics for input areas then it would be a lot easier for someone like myself to complete something for your project.

If these things are not required then perhaps an english version of the download so its easier to comprehend.

what about if you used a matrix with a dark grey colour wobbling around in the back ground, would it be too much?

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 12:04 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2004 11:38
Yeah, I though doing an english version, but the text wouldn't have the same size, so it wouldn't fit for the french version.

By the way, the matrix Idea is not bad, but we have some really old computers in school (not all, but I never know in which computer room we can go), and I don't think 3D would be acceptable. I think 2D is the best solution.

I've just done the screens.

- The black fields shall be there for text and input, I wrote what would be in these
- The green area has to be the background. (something chemical, or alchemichal : flasks, tubes stills, liquids on tables would be nice) The style doesn't matter, manga, realistic ... all is accepted.
- The red lines are there to show that these fields are somehow connected to each other.

If you want to change the places of the black fields a lil, there is no problem, but keep the sizes of them, and their general arrangement.

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 12:11 Edited at: 21st Jul 2003 12:14
Oops, I forgot something :
I would like the Title "pH Color" on the first screen.
(The cases of these letters are important especially "pH"

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 07:23
ok after I have finished some work ill take a look if no one has beat me to it

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 09:27
the psd files can be downloaded here.

http://www.lunarpixel.com/temp/phc/ph_color_psd_panels.zip

2.8 megs or so

If you dont own photoshop just say and ill make a file format that works for you.

preview screens in jpg are here also.
I could only spend an hour on this but i think it looks ok.

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 11:43
That's great, thanks.
I have Photoshop, but I couldn't open your zip-file, Indi. So I did it with the previews. If you (or anybody else) want to have a look at the program, it's still under
http://membres.lycos.fr/afnee/down/sciences/index.html
with the graphical modifications.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 12:09
was it a bad crc zip file? Im using shop 6

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 12:12
now i cant open your file? weird

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 16:40
In fact, I couldn't download the file : The browser tells me there is no file.
You can't open my file ? I just tried it, it worked well for me.
Anybody else with that problem ?

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 18:40
sorry it was a typo

http://www.lunarpixel.com/temp/phc/pH_color_psd_panels.zip

capital H in the pH department

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 18:42
and it worked then, must have been a bad download

Dr Dri
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 20:23
Tien un francais, je vais aller voir ton truc, t'es sur le forum francais ?

Dri

Pour des yeux déformés la vérité peut porter un visage grimaçant.
Dr Dri
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2003 20:30
bon j'ai été voir, c'est pas mal mais ce serait pas mieux si on avai un appercu visuel de la couleur ? Enfin c'est une suggestion donc tu fait comme tu veux... Au fait j'écrie pas en anglais (désolé pour les autres...) parce que pour une fois ke je vois un francais... je suis pris de flemme en gros.

Dri

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 03:54
Yeah Indi, your zip file works.
I tried to download my file, on another Computer (from some Girl, which I'd like to test the program), and it couldn't be downloaded. (I had to go through FTP to get it), but at my PC it's still working.

Dr Dri : même si tu penses que je parle français, je tenais à préciser que je parle surtout allemand à la maison (ce n'est pas un mensonge). J'avais pensé à l'aperçu visuel, mais je ne savais pas comment représenter les modes "inchangé" et "incolore". Donc tu as su ouvrir le programme ? Tant mieux

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 18:23
wow, you speak English and French? Makes me want to take my Spanish class seriously

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 20:07
Hehehe, NWC Omega, In fact I'm from Belgium, and there are three spoken languages : French, Vlaams (Dutch) and German (these 3 are the official ones)

Dr Dri
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 20:26
A part of my family lives in belgium too, and saw after posting that you wasn't french, i can speak german too but i won't lol. Your program wasn't hard to run, and you don't share the source code so i can't help you, but i can give you some advice
show the first color on screen after choosing experience's items and show the final color, separate the two colors with a simple "->" image.

Dri

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 21:49 Edited at: 5th Aug 2003 10:23
hmm, the idea about the colors sounds good,Dr. Dri, there are only two problems with it :
- There are some products, I've never seen (2 of them), so I don't know the initial color (And I asked other scientists)
- Sometimes the colors are almost the same. Example: Rouge de Phénol will become Red if the pH of the first item is above 8.4 But Rouge de Phénol is allready Red at the beginning, So the children won't see difference. (To be honest, there is a slight difference between the two reds)

Between, at work, I speak french

Dr Dri
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 19:24
i don't remeber if your program shows the pH, this could be the way to know the difference beetwen the beggining and the end, even if the color is the same

Dri

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 19:42
Oh, yes, that's right : I forgot to tell why I made this program that way :
The pupils will recieve a sheet of paper with the different products (indicateurs colorés) and the pH-numbers, when they change color ... So the challenge is to find the pH of the first items (example : abricots, bananes, ...)
So I wont write the pH in this program, or there would be no point.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:16:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:16:28