Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / .X exporter for Autodesk Maya 8.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been searching for a good .X exporter to transport my ploygonal models from Maya 8.0 into the .X format required by Dark GDK. I have the cvexporter, which works o.k., but if anyone is aware of any others please let me know. Also, my DirectX SDK did NOT contain a plug-in for Maya 8.0--I believe this has been discontinued in terms of their building plug-ins for 3rd party software. Also, is there another format accepted by Dark GDK--I know XNA Game Studio 2.0 accepts the .FBX format

Thanks,
James Dyer

James William Dyer
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 11:28
Google Quick3d. I believe it can open Maya files.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Deep Exploration
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 14:30
Most game companies make their own converters, unfortunately, meaning that the need for a global format or even for conversion tools outside internal pipelines is too small. Especially for programs in Maya's price range.

Unfortunately, problems with Maya conversion is what has caused me to abandon many a DBP-project through the years myself and the GDK is related to that.

I mean, Maya 8 is one thing, does anyone know a good conversion tool for ANY version of Maya?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Entomophobiac: as already said you need "Deep Exploration"

It's a commercial product, but if you afford Maya you will surely afford this one.
Chamill
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's another good Xporter wich i use..

http://www.chadvernon.com/blog/downloads/cvxporter/

Chamillion

You can only get smarter by facing a smarter opponent.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:22:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:22:24