Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 15:33
From the FF demo

Ok then what is that constant is all about.
phy set force field constant
The help say Location-invariant part of the force field function.

When it is too complicated it is because you are trying at the wrong door.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 18:52
what it means is if you had change the -800 to 800 you would have seen it do the oppsite and that all objects using that field are set the same. eg constant.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 19:57 Edited at: 15th Sep 2008 20:34
ya I change it, and it affect the ball attraction fo the blocks. If I place it to 0,0,0= There is no attraction. But when I change numbers it give different result. X#, Y#, Z# I get what xyz it seem to affect the force of the FF. But is those X#, Y#, Z# is 0,0,0 is the sphere OR is it the screen itselve? That is the question.

Here is some extra test
x,y,z
0,0,0 = nothing attracted
0,0,2000 = nothing ""
0,0,-2000 = nothing ""
0,2000,0 = nothing ""
0,-2000,0 = nothing ""
2000,0,0 = REPEAL blocks in every directions
-2000,0,0 = ATTRACT blocks, more it is negative more it attrac.

I don't understand.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 21:06
have a look at this.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132578&b=30

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 22:04 Edited at: 15th Sep 2008 22:25
I am analysing the codes, is in't the falloff suppose to let them fall back on the plate, like snow? I don't know. you probably work alot to fix it? It look nice.

Here is what I found so far. If we find out more about it we maybe can build a Tutorial on force field.

Force field are made in 5 steps, and here is all commands related to them, and all their commands.

1. PHY CREATE FORCE FIELD

2. Set force field

PHY SET FORCE FIELD COORDINATES id, type - 0 for cartesian, 1 for spherical, 2 for cylindrical and 3 for toroidal

PHY SET FORCE FIELD CONSTANT ID, X#, Y#, Z# Location-invariant part of the force field function.

PHY SET FORCE FIELD RIGID BODY ID, object. This command will attach a rigid body to the specified force field.

PHY SET FORCE FIELD LINEAR FALLOFF ID, X#, Y#, Z# Linear term in magnitude falloff factor.

PHY SET FORCE FIELD NOISE ID, X#, Y#, Z# Random component of the force field function.

PHY SET FORCE FIELD POSITION ID, X#, Y#, Z# Position of the force field.

PHY SET FORCE FIELD QUADRATIC FALLOFF ID, X#, Y#, Z# Quadratic term in magnitude falloff factor.

PHY SET FORCE FIELD RIGID BODY SCALE ID, Scale Change the force scale factor for RIGID bodies

PHY SET FORCE FIELD SOFT BODY SCALE ID, Scale Change the force scale factor for SOFT bodies

PHY SET FORCE FIELD TORUS RADIUS ID, Radius#

PHY SET FORCE FIELD CLOTH SCALE ID, Scale Change the force scale factor for cloth.

4. Put shape to FF:

PHY ADD FORCE FIELD BOX ID, mode, X#, Y#, Z#, SizeX#, SizeY#, SizeZ# mode= use a value of 1 to create an exclude volume, 0 for a regular volume

PHY ADD FORCE FIELD CAPSULE ID, mode, X#, Y#, Z#, SizeX#, SizeY#, SizeZ# mode= use a value of 1 to create an exclude volume, 0 for a regular volume

PHY ADD FORCE FIELD SPHERE ID, mode, X#, Y#, Z#, SizeX#, SizeY#, SizeZ# mode= use a value of 1 to create an exclude volume, 0 for a regular volume

5. Build FF:
PHY BUILD FORCE FIELD

Other FF related
PHY DELETE FORCE FIELD
PHY GET FORCE FIELD EXIST

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 22:12
HowDo i just had a look at your link and the code there in, I like your vortex. nice work

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 22:36
@sindore

Took some doing as I had to learn to read a bit of c to work out how the sdk demo did it same with pulley demo that I have posted.

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 23:55
This is what Force field can do

These are objects akin to actors, which affect cloth, soft bodies, fluid and rigid bodies that enter their area of influence. Force fields allow you to implement for example gusts of wind, dust devils, vacuum cleaners or anti-gravity zones.

That guy seem to know how FF work.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132800&b=32

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 00:12
Thay guy seem to know what is to do Force Field
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/8/613117/force2.jpg

This is what it is supposed to do.
These are objects akin to actors, which affect cloth, soft bodies, fluid and rigid bodies that enter their area of influence. Force fields allow you to implement for example gusts of wind, dust devils, vacuum cleaners or anti-gravity zones.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:45:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:45:40