Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / newton physics : canot find dll's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 11:36
I downloaded newton and the and the the latest sdk. I put the files where the read me said to put them and when i run the demo project, it comes up with an error saying 'failed to start because newton.dll was not found. re install the application might fix this problem' ive re installed it but it still dosent work and then after that message it comes up with another one saying that the 'NDB.dll was not found'

CAN ANY ONE HELP,thanks
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 13:52
You dont need the Newton SDK, what you need is the Newton WRAPPER by Walaber.

Search for a download link in the forums for Newton Wrapper 1.32b and follow the instructions bout how to install.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Night Creeper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 00:48
Ive already downloaded the wrapper and in the readme it sed to get the latest newton.dll from the sdk thats y i have the sdk
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 21:03
No don't do that. The wrapper comes with the Newton.dll that's the correct version of the dll for the wrapper itself. It is Newton SDK 1.32 that is used for the wrapper, the SDK is currently up to 1.53 so they won't match.

You need Newton.dll to be in the same directory as your EXE. Have you defined a project path yet or is it putting your EXE in windows temp? You need to put NDB.dll into the right directory which I believe is in plugins-user.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Night Creeper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 02:01
SWEET!!!! it works, thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:37:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:37:36