Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 03:14
I saw that LucasArt are making that new game: The force unleash and also a new Indiana Jones. They show in some video they have ennemy that have some kind of Dynamic body. Any idea if it is possible with Dark Physics + Dark AI.

When it is too complicated it is because you are trying at the wrong door.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 18:11
you could do this but it would take some hard core programing, for example the way the enemy holds on to a box or create when they forced up in to the air could be done by linking them together.

but you would need to know some hot peace of maths, to work out at what point on that physic object the interaction had taken place.

scrub up on your dbp & dp coding and work at your maths, and you to could do this.

but for now I can get you a link so you can see some thing like what you see in The force unleash, not so much Dynamic enemy`s, but ray carting so you can pick objects up.

of which you could use to throw at an enemy.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127692&b=30

the 1st post code is the one you wont for garbing object, the 2nd posts code you could use to blast objects away from the player.

you just have to use what you know to make what you can of it, and good use of your imagination.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:03:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:03:33