Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbPlayObject reload animation not working on my gun

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 22:28
i've made a gun with a reload animation. I've made it so that if you have no ammo left it plays the animation but it dosent work.

To show the gun infront of the camera and to make the gun move when I walk i've used a similar technique to the dark dungeon sample program. Maby the problem has something to do with this?

The models is .x and the animation plays fine when I open that.

anyone think theyknow what the problem is? thanks
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 07:40 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2008 07:44
Its hard to be able to give you an answer without seeing your code.... are you able to post the relevant parts of it here ? the answers you recieve will be more helpful if people have more information to work with

But...

First check that you can load the object and play its animations manually before trying to integrate the model into a game, I mean, make a new empty 3D app with the new game wizard, then stik in some code to load you object and start playing its animations... If you cant get the model to load and play its animations on its own in an empty GDK app, then the problem is most likely with the way the model was exported from its app or something(model problem anyway, not GDK)
EDIT : make sure that you are doing the stand alone testing inside DarkGDK and not using the DirectX viewer, I have had models that will open and look fine in the DirectX viewer, but have then had problems inside of DarkGDK...(my own fault not gdk's - I stuffed the export parameters lol)

Once you have done that, and the object loads and plays its animations on its own inside the GDK, you can eliminate the actual model as the problem, which means that somewhere, your code isnt doing what you want it to... which means spending some time debugging your code's logic, what its doing and where ... debugging is always fun

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:25:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:25:01