Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Help: Break bridge using force

Author
User Banned
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 23:18
Can someone help make it so that if the ball hits the bridge too hard, or if there is a weak bridge part, then the entire thing will break?

code:

~M.W~
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 23:19
also, can someone demonstrate this using a real bridge?
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 23:21
heres the media. sorry guys

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 23:53
try using this PHY SET JOINT BREAK LIMITS ID, maximum force#, maximum torque#

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 00:21
thanks howdo. it works. however. can u make a demo of an actual x object bridge breaking if too much force is slammed into it? also, if to much wind is used, it breaks a few pieces, then the whole thing comes, and the pieces fly off 1 by 1. and when it breaks, it cracks where the force is, and the bridge comes swinging against the wall, and breaks into more pieces. then drops down.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 00:30
this is my chair demo, see if the last set of lines are in the same range you are setting.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 00:43
how about this if an object hits the bridge too hard, delete the section of the bridge that the object hit, replace it with a rigid body planck of wood or what ever, at the same position as the deleted object.

for exarmple

obj(1) :` being your bullet or speedy object
bridge :` being your bridge

sqrt# = sqrt((obj(1).xpos# - bridgeX#)^2 + (obj(1).Ypos# - bridgeY#)^2 + (obj(1).Zpos# - bridgeZ#)^2)

if obj(1).speed# > 150.0 and sqrt# < 5.0
if phy rigid body exist(bridge) = 1
phy delete rigid body obj(bridge).ID
endif
endif

if object exist(1) = 0
load object "planc.x",1 :` or what ever you wont
phy make rigid body dynamic box 1
endif

hope this helped

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 00:43
thats great. however. is there anyway to do it w/ a .x object bridge?

also. is there anyway to break it with wind's force and velocity?
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 00:53
HowDo like the brackble chair, nice one, I just posted pics of my Rube goldberg maker.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 00:58
howdo & sindore. i like both ur ideas. but sindore. think u could show me a snippet with this in action? that is the way i learn.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 01:01
Mugen Wizardry I think you may need to make your bridge as individual objects as I don't think there is away of setting limbs in physX yet.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 01:05
howdo. thats fine. as long as u can show an example like sindore's in action. the only way i learn is by seeing what others have done, and learning how to use it.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 01:32
ok I`ll give you a link to my challenge post at the bottom of the page is a bridge code you can test what I said you out on, but I don`t have time to knock out a brackable one just now, Im working on something bigger at the mo.

ok at the bottom of the page, is a bridge with a pic and just under it code.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130326&b=30

here is the pic of the bridge, HowDo may have more time than me at the mo, you code ask him to have a look at my code and come up with a way to barck it.

forget the link here is the code for the bridge.

if you use this in a game or somthing give me a bit of credit for this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:04:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:04:41