Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Earth like Gravitation Pull?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 07:07
I've searched around, nothing was quite like I was looking for.

Say you have a rigid body static sphere object. Like the earth.

How would you go about adding a spherical gravitational pull to it, so all objects anywhere around it would have a force applied to it the equal amount of gravity on all sides? I'm aiming to make any object around the sphere move and stick to the sphere like a man would be walking on earth.

I was thinking force fields, but I really know nothing about them- so I came to you guys.

Thanks,
Xeno

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 15:24 Edited at: 20th Sep 2008 15:25
@ Xenocythe: You can have a look at the entry below. It shows what you want in action and as far as I can say he uses force-fields (most easy way to do it, but it can also be "made by hand"/"do it yourself" by applying forces according to the distance and mass etc.)!:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=134054&b=32

In your case I would say have a look at the DP-demo that has some dynamic-rigid-body-boxes and a sphere that can be moved by using the mouse! The sphere has a gravity field that attracts the boxes.

I hope that helped.

Hoozer

AMD64X24800+(939);2GB;GF6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.4):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109846&b=5&p=0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:12:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:12:57