Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Poser Clone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a serious question and I'd like a serious, thought out answer (as opposed to the usual "heck yes!" answer). I've started a new project called Day6 Character Creator. It is a Poser-like app built in c/c++/winapi/dark gdk. Obviously, it won't have all the little bells and whistles Poser has, because Poser has been around for quite some time and has an entire team working on it. This is my situation: I cannot sell this app when completed, because I currently do not own the full licence to dark gdk. I'd like to obtain this licence, but the $500 licence fee seems a bit outrageous to me, considering dark gdk's lack of many features found in similarly priced libraries I've reviewed. My question is, how interested would this community be in an app such as the one I'm developing? Basically, I'm willing to release the full finished product as freeware in exchange for a minimum 50% discount on the library. It doesn't matter how this is achieved, whether be I release the product w/ source code to TGC in exchange for discount, 250 people donate $1, or any other combination. I'm an experienced software engineer with many years under my belt, so you can rest assured it would be a quality software package (as opposed to "Check out my cool program I made! Isn't it cool?!?" - you all have seen these types ). Please post your thoughts on this; and please be completely honest. If this isn't something that interests the community, I'd rather not waste my time developing whocaresware.

Thank you for your consideration,
Willie

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:13:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:13:01