Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem Making Game Levels!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi people, Im new to Dark GDK and want to say hi to everyone first of all.

Now as for my problem, I noticed that the Game Level tutorial mentions a few of it's company's 3D modeling tools. I was wondering is Dark GDK supports exports from 3DS Max. And in general, which types of model exports does Dark GDK support?
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 14:30
There is a list in the documentation that lists all the differnt file types that GDK supports... officially it supports them all, but in reality, unfortunately due to formats evolving and changing over time and between developers, it supports some alot better than others...

The DirectX .X format I would say is probably the best supported external 3D file format, the best solution would be to write your own importer to do what you want it to, with your own format... but thats a complex thing to do... to export DirectX files from 3DMax.. use PandaSoft PandaMax DirectX exporter... its one of the better supported free exporters available.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Lancelot Reefs
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright man, PandaSoft works great man, thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:23:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:23:38