Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / some things i would like answered please :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 08:52
1)im trying to figure out how to make a script ware if you walk up to a terminald (Dynamic) thing, that text shows up telling you what to do and what not. I really can't go in to depth about this because this is still EXTREMELY new to me, ive only been messing around with it for maybe a few days or so. and i am still having a hard time trying to figure everything out. I have begun work on a neat map but it still is a WIP but i need some things answered, this being one of them. Anyway, as for the scripting of the terminald thing, can some one tell me how to write a script or show me a link to a video tutorial please?

2)i am also wondering how to use the "Story Zone" "Sound Zone" And "Trigger Zoner"

We create games of tomorrow so you can play for the future
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 09:07
Check out the links in my signature, they will help a lot. And welcome to the forum.

Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 14:31
Thanks mate. Also here is what i have so far, i intend to sell the game for 5$ once i get the retail version of the game, right now im using the free version and i cant make it a .exe yet, so i bought it and im waiting for the CD to come so i can be able to send a demo to a friend. All i can do is make demo reals (Videos) here is my first of MANY demos to come in the future...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVKZ6X49kE

Also the website i am working on needs programmers and such if any one is interested. Right now i am working on the base ground for it all, i estimate it will be winter or 09 before the game and t he website is truly ready to go full blown

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 22:55
After watching that video... you need a LOT of practice before you even plan on selling a game. Don't take that hard, it's just the truth.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 01:15
Quote: "ive only been messing around with it for maybe a few days or so"

Settle down, switch your phone off, order a large pizza, crack open a freshly chilled bottle of coke and get comfortable in front of your PC with FPSC ready to go.

Now your ready to make some progress.

Repeat every weekend until you see the next half life before you.
Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 06:22
jenkins
After watching that video... you need a LOT of practice before you even plan on selling a game. Don't take that hard, it's just the truth.

my reply
Ok, what part of "once i get the retail version" did you not understand, the free version had limited FPS (Frame rate persecond) and the map wasnt completely fabricated, i wanted to show what i had done so far. I wasnt going to compile it just yet, but sadly once i got the full version i couldint continue work on my game and i had to start over. Plus my resources was limited to what i had, so what gives you the right to throw something as low as that. Saying something like that would be like saying "hey you suck, quick making games and uninstall FPSC" constructive critisizum is what is needed here NO YOUR GARBAGE! that was a little low and crule to some one who is JUST BEGINNING! so why dont you just watch your mouth >

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 15:33
Quote: "Nomad Soul
Settle down, switch your phone off, order a large pizza, crack open a freshly chilled bottle of coke and get comfortable in front of your PC with FPSC ready to go.

Now your ready to make some progress.

Repeat every weekend until you see the next half life before you. "

Lol, now thats a nice idea. that could help me even

http://www.metamorphic-inc.co.nr
Jonxpdx
Years of Service
User Offline
I totally agree with jenkins. I've seen that video, and there is a lot you need to learn. First off your not using much of the engines potential. If you want to create something that feels good and most importantly looks good you will need to get a lot more creative. Also your youtube account username is SkynetCorperation. Doesn't Skynet belong to the movie Terminator. Might want to think about coming up with a more unique name. Also I wouldn't reccomend uploading something to youtube that is in... beta as you said. Mega, ultra beta lol. Good luck though. And keep up the good work
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 08:01
Quote: "the free version had limited FPS (Frame rate persecond)"

Not true. If that's what you think, then prepare for a big disappointment when you get the full version.

Of course, you do have good ideas. I think everyone who bought FPSC had ideas of huge landscapes, packed full of scenery, and thought they would be able to make a great game. They were wrong, but in the right hands, a fantastic game can be made.

Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 21:28 Edited at: 30th Sep 2008 04:20
Quote: "Ok, what part of "once i get the retail version" did you not understand, the free version had limited FPS (Frame rate persecond) and the map wasnt completely fabricated, i wanted to show what i had done so far. I wasnt going to compile it just yet, but sadly once i got the full version i couldint continue work on my game and i had to start over. Plus my resources was limited to what i had, so what gives you the right to throw something as low as that. Saying something like that would be like saying "hey you suck, quick making games and uninstall FPSC" constructive critisizum is what is needed here NO YOUR GARBAGE! that was a little low and crule to some one who is JUST BEGINNING! so why dont you just watch your mouth >"

Skynet, don't take Jenkins comment so personal. When I first got FPS Creator, I thought I was creating awesome games, then I played some games that had been created by Butter Fingers, like Umbra, Fall of the Fireflies Demo, and a game he helped on, 'The Darkest Island'. After playing games like that, I saw the true potential of FPS Creator and how I was using a program with amazing abilities as a simple tool that made games that would only entertain people in the 60's. I got a lot better over time (not as good as Butter Fingers, Cheese Cake, or Disturbed 13), but I did get better.

You had questions about the Story Zone, Sound Zone, and Trigger Zone, so already that tells me that you don't yet have the proper knowledge to make a good FPS Creator game, but I believe you can get there, but until you do, accept the criticism with open arms, and use it to develop your skills. Eventually, if you build on criticism, you can become a very good game developer with FPS Creator. What Jenkins said wasn't low, it wasn't cruel, and it definitely wasn't garbage, it was friendly criticism, he even attempted to be kind about it. The fact is, one of the best ways to get better with FPS Creator is to experiment, which leads to learning, which develops experience, which leads to better, more entertaining, more professional games.

Why do you think people hire game testers? Yes, they want to here what is good about the game, but they also want to hear criticism, what was boring, what glitched, what was wrong with the game. Game Developers need criticism to be able to improve, this may have been to long of a message explaining a simple subject, but I think you needed to hear it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 13:28:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 13:28:01