Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / .x model moves incorrectly in the opposite direction

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to dark gdk , and I have a question concerning modelmovement.

I've produced the following code

After the necessary loading functions, it will load my animation correctly( a converted max file to .x), however the problems
begin to arise when I want to move the object in the opposite direction.
It almost feels like the animation has been moved out of position. And all I want it to do, is for it to go into
the opposite direction. What am I doing wrong or what kind of ( positioning ) command can I use to correct
this( behaviour ).
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 08:31
im not sure, but while its moving backwards, would you play the animation in the opposite direction, i mean, instead of starting at frame 6, looping to frame 33.. start at frame 33 loop backwards to frame 6... or alternatively, you could add extra animation frames to your model, for each kind of movement its doing.. frame 6-33 forward, 34-?? backwards etc, then play those animation frame sets when its moving in that direction)

you could maybe try playing around with the parameters of various model/animation commands to gauge what their effect is on your model. (what is the model by the way ? are you sure that it exported and converted to .X properly, does it load and play its animations correctly in the DirectX viewer ? )

maybe you could have a play around with making the model load and start moving in each direction and animating on its own one at a time.. then combine each bit of code that moves it in a certain direction together. Sorry if this isnt much help, just some ideas to think about/try.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
ulquiorra
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks , I'll go work on some of your tips ..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:17:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:17:21