Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / How would I go about making a Ragnarok Online graphic style 2d/3d Hybrid?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First post

Anyway, I've been reading books on Visual Basic Game Programming using DirectX and I have been trying to figure how to get that mix of 2d sprites and 3d backgrounds like in Ragnarok Online or in Final Fantasy Tactics. I think this makes one badass effect that I would kill to recreate! I know some of you are asking why a Visual Basic person is on these forums. The truth is, I've dabbled in DarkBASIC myself for awhile too and the people on the DarkBASIC forums tend to have better knowledge of DirectX use than on the Visual Basic forums. Any enlightment would be welcome.

Thanks!

-Kronikle
psych0
Years of Service
User Offline
well you could create a 3-d environment, make a 3d plain with a person gif file on it with the animation running or whatever, and move the plain, and it would look like that he was running, or jumping, whatever. That WILL work. And your welcome

psych0

iron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 19:12
take a look at my 'war' project. i'm uploading the code as soon as i can remember what my angelfire pword is. it's not too hard once you've got the first steps of the engine going.

[:-] i'm made out of metal. that makes me shiny.
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2003 03:02
Dark Basic will give you alot. I sugest that you get some kinda program working, practise and experiment and you'll learn. Don't expect to just jump in.

It's enough to make you wonder if your on the right planet!!! or
Get it straight! War breaks out and nobody shows up!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:19:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:19:45