Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sidestepping Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I am doing the Game level tutorial, and wanted to add the sidestepping ability to the camera. But I have a problem making the camera moving sideways.

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 19:48
I think dbMoveCamera moves the camera forwards and backwards.

dbPositionCamera should work though..

From what i can see, that code should work.. the camera though will move backwards and forwards and however you want really, through the 3D world... the 2d world though will always be drawn to the screen, so you wouldnt be able to notice the camera moving in relation to the sprite, you could also draw some text on the screen to display the camera position each iteration of the loop, that would help to know if the camera was moving or not.

I think you can maybe use different bitmaps and cameras and some of the other GDK functions to be able to have a 2D plain-world that you can move the camera around in relation to.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Lancelot Reefs
Years of Service
User Offline
K I know why the code doesnt work. Here I changed the switch like so:

But when I press the 'd' button, I get an error message dialog box saying "GetZVector3 - vector does not exist". Then after I click the OK button, it positions my camera at some nonsensical coordinate. And I have no idea what the problem is. Can anyone help? Anyone?
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 00:26
dbMoveCameraRight(0, speed);

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:16:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:16:36