Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Looking for a few FREE programs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 13:29
Now, before you go thinking "PIRACY" here me out, i bought FPSC and im working with it. It's awesome and outstanding, now i am wondering if there are any free programs out there that i could use along side of fpsc, if DB-pro is out of the question then there must be alturnitevs right? correct me if i am wrong.

I am currently looking for a modeling program, file converter (From what ever format in to a format that is taken by fpsc) and what ever programs that we out there that are free. And if there aren't any then that's ok, it was worth asking. And no I am not going to pirate any thing because thats just stupid, i just really want to get in to as much of this as i can. Get the programs i need, even if i don't know how to use them I'm sure ill figure it out eventually and if not theres always tutorials..

We create games of tomorrow so you can play for the future
Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 13:57
Sorry for the double post, but basically what im getting at is like open source of some sort

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 14:56
There Truspace 7.6 for free. The othere stuff you need you can get from in this very web site. Like go to models and media thers a thread there.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 16:52 Edited at: 25th Sep 2008 16:52
This specific topic has been covered several times.
This link has a good deal of FPSC specific programs. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=116411&b=24

As for modeling programs, it depends on the modeling that you're doing. If you're planning on making characters, you'll probably want Blender. However, if you're planning on just making non-moving objects, I would suggest Google Sketchup. There are several excellent tutorials written by daarboven on how to import something from Sketchup's free version into FPSC.

For texturing programs, I would suggest either Paint.NET or GIMP. Both of these are very good programs and can be used to make some good textures.

For video capture, I would suggest CamStudio. It's a freeware screen recorder that actually does effect the framerate that badly.

If you need anything else, feel free to email me or post on Gunn3r Games. It's good to see someone who is willing to learn these programs instead of the common attitude of "I want custom enemies, guns and segments and I don't know how to use any program, so I'm just going to bug you until you do something about it."

Gunn3r Games
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 18:31
Wings3d is very good

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 19:27
Here's a short list of products that I've compiled for 3D and 2D applications:

3D

2D

-Keith

Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 23:29
Wings3D i have but sadly it cant be used for FPSC applications can it? like converters or something because i have models but i dont know how to import them in to fpsc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 13:23:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 13:23:19