Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Testing this FPSC first time, and got couple questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 14:57
Hi there,

Im a long time DB Classic and DBPro user and just a few days ago i finally made a small level with FPSC and tested how this thing works.

First thing i noticed is, the entities use some sort of scripts.

And the question is, the default AI script which i dont know how it is called is so dumb and stupid. So, are there other possibly smarter scripts which i already have in my default installation or are there any other alternatives that i should download somewhere else?

Also one more question, i see polygon overlapping and texture flickering when 2 walls are side by side. Is that a bug? Are there so many bugs with this product which makes it impossible to develop a decent simple game?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 15:45 Edited at: 27th Sep 2008 00:56
Greetings.

There are a variety of scripts included with FPSC. For those instances, where something more specific is desired, it is very easy to create a script for this purpose. As a longtime coder, you should have little trouble constructing a functional .fpi script.

When entities overlap, it has already been established that the engine's attempted to display both at the same time will cause the texture flicker that you are experiencing.

FPSC used to have a tremendous amount of bugs, but major strides have been made to remedy them. Building a decent game is now becoming a real possibility, with this engine...

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 17:05
The AI in FPSC are stupid. There are several scripts to make them not as dumb, but they are stupid no matter what.

The overlapping issue is annoying, but you'll just have to work around it.

There are still bugs with FPSC, more than what you'd want, but like Seth Black said, major strides have been made and there aren't near as many as there used to be. Just stick with some of the newer updates and you'll find that there aren't that many bugs.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 01:55
Try DarkAI with FPSC X10. Its not so stupid.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 13:22:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 13:22:56