Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Setting the Mouse?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I set the mouse so that:

1. It only affects the program while its within the screen.
2. Turns at a normal rate, unlike the demo game settings where moving from left to right, rotates the camera 720 deg.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 05:06
To have to mouse only affect the program while its within the program's window.. I know that you can do this, im not on my PC atm though so cant give you any code examples(that I know are correct anyway lol) .. Im not sure if GDK has commands to detect when the mouse leaves the bounds of the program window, but I do know that you can do this through windows directly. I know ive seen somewhere on these forums(just cant remember where exactly, im pretty sure it was in the DarkGDK topic) some discussions about interacting with windows directly. It was relating to maximizing and minimizing the window and detecting it etc, but alot of the principles of working with windows would be the same..

Your question about setting the mouse to turn at a normal rate I have to ask you some question to help there, are you using the mouse in a "First Person Shooter" kind of way ? where it controls the direction the camera faces.. If possible would you be able to post the code you are using to move the camera, I think there are quite a few different ways of actually doing that in GDK. Also im not really sure what you mean by normal rate... do you mean as in the camera only rotating 360deg. left/right at most ? or do you mean for it to rotate the same amount, only more slowly than it is at the moment ?

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
ReiKumar
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I am using it in an FPS way.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:33:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:33:17