Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / level preference...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 07:06
i dont know if this is the right board, but it seems right...anyway,

i was wondering what people prefer for levels in a game (based on this survey i will be building my game). would you like it to take place on a series of different locations? (e.g tanker, then forest blah blah)

or all in one location but split up unto segments (like an alaskan base with a snowfeild, warehouse and silo)

or any other suggestions welcome.

-insert clever remark here-
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 07:10
It's actually good if you create some sort of reason why your in these locales. Usually, having some sort of storyline to go with it helps with the determining of how you should setup your levels. If you have an in depth storyline, you'll probably want one locale per level. However, if you're doing a quick sort of game, or one that has only one level, it could be possible that you can combine them in one level. For example, [begin shameless self promoting] in Emergence: Infiltration, which can be found on the FPSC Showcase board, you start out in a sewer, work your way outside to an urban area, and then are in a warehouse. [end shameless self promoting] If you can make it believable, then I would say go for it. But it usually makes no sense to have a snowy Alaskan fortress and then turn around into a corn field in the middle of nowhere.

Gunn3r Games
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 07:58
well, because copyrighting is a bit too expensive right now... i wont go into much depth, but the story basically is terrorists build a nuclear device from (blank) collected from a (blank) at the bottom of the sea, and they plan to detonate it (although you dont know where) on an (blank) rig, causing a (blank)

i may go into more depth later... but i still need some peoples opinions

Taz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 17:28
Theres an awful lot of blanks there..

Warehouses are always good; or maybe in some sort of oil rig..
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 05:19
ok, after thinking about it, i decided it will take place at a hijacked alaskan military base, and an oil rig for the final area

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 13:25:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 13:25:47