Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help with installation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I did everything that the installation docs said. I tried running the first simple wizard temple and it give me en error:

If someone can use MSN/Teamspeak or something to fix it would be great

Thank you,
Farzad
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 03:56
Looks like your linker is having trouble finding "multiplayer.lib" ... ( I have to say also that I dont recognize that particular library as being part of DarkGDK, which doesnt mean that it isnt, I just havent seen it referenced b4 so it could be related to DarkGDK internals..Could you post the code you are trying to run ? )

Can you run other samples or any GDK programs, I mean compile/link and run them ?

If you can, then I would say the settings for that wizard template have been screwed up somehow... try un-installing and re-installing ? (is everything in it default location ? compiler etc - if its not, then you need to setup your includes/libs manually - also are you running Vista ? I am not sure, but perhaps there are extra install steps for that OS ? )

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 03:58
What version of DirectX SDK do you have installed?

[center][center]
ReiKumar
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a few problems the first time around I installed DGDK, so I suggest that you uninstall it and just reinstall all the components over again, like Visual Studio and DirectX SDK.

P.S. Visual Studio Pro will not work. It has to be Express Edition

Good Luck
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 08:19
It does work with Visual Studio Pro 2008, just not as automatic as VS Express when you install.

I'm mentioning the DirectX SDK version because AFAIK all versions after the August 2007 don't have DirectPlay libs. The errors do mention DGDK's multiplayer methods, that are based on DirectPlay.

[center][center]
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 02:20
And DirectPlay fails anyway.
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 04:48
Quote: "And DirectPlay fails anyway. "

WHAT?!?! You should die for saying such a thing! DirectPlay is the greatest and most used network system for games!

.... NOT! :-P

Jokes apart, I still think it might be a problem with DirectX SDK version...

[center][center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:18:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:18:09