Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need help with gun in FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to create an FPS but I cant figure out how to make it so the gun works correctly, when I set the gun to be at the camera position it didn't show up so I just put the gun at a random spot and I moved the camera near it and as the camera got closer to the gun pieces of the gun started going away. Here is a picture of what is happening.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 12:41
Not really a thing to worry. The gun has entered beyond camera's near clip plane, therefore it is not drawn.
Lower the near camera range or put the gun further away from the camera.
Also I think setting disable object zread on the gun, and giving it a low id texture, may save some other issues, as the gun will stay in 1st plane over other objects with higher texture id.
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 13:13 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 13:14
As Morcilla said lower the camera range, use this command:

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 13:16
Watch out as lowering too much the camera range (that is bringing nearer the near clip plane) can cause visual artifacts due to z-fighting.
SushiBox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 16:50
If you haven't already, you may want to look into using the following command to lock the object to the screen. Please forgive me if its a little off, im doing this from memory.

Also as someone mentioned above, look in the docs to turn of the Z for your gun so it wont appear to poke through walls.

www.Helios-Online.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:27:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:27:33