Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] E.l.E outrage.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 16:46 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 16:47
the E.LE post (showcase) Does not violate any rule of the forum, and has been closed by an action totally subjective, and completely irregular, of the "moderator" FredP.

we ask with all respect, that is open as soon as possible.

SR FredP, we get out the demo when this is appropriate, not when you want.

frankly I think it was a most unfortunate of actions in the forum.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 16:51 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 16:52
Quote: "Until you have something substantial to show (like a demo) then don't bother posting about it"

Please ,can someone please tell me, where this rule is contained in the forun.

thanks

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 17:00 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 17:00
Quote: "Those are pretty pics.Too bad nothing will probably ever come out of them."

This is incredible...... could you give me the number of eroloto?
You are in possession of seeing the future.

This is incredible, my God.

_sYn_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 17:07 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 17:11
I dont understand the rule too !

There are games like "Dark Earth: Vienna Calling" or "Wizardofid's Work in Progress". They didn´t have any demos or videos, and there are games like E.L.E with Screens and Videos and someone lock the Threads.

I hope to hear something new about E.L.E... Maybe you post it in the German Forum: http://www.fpscreator.de

PS: Sorry for my bad english ^^

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 17:10 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 17:10
thanks _sYn_, if the matter is not resolved, fpscreator.de seems a good option.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 17:11 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 17:11
You could probably have put that all in one post...

Anyways, a number of us do remember you coming through here a couple of times now, each time showing better and better content, and each time disappearing without a trace.

However, I must agree that Fred's decision to lock the thread was inappropriate (for lack of a better term). There was no apparent violation of the board rules, either the AUP or the showcase rules, and it seems to have been done on his personal opinion. Now, in many circumstances, a moderator cannot help but have his opinion influence his action, this is expected and acceptable. But for a person who's supposed to at least try and be non-partial, I think he should re-think his decision.

Don't get me wrong, I've been disappointed time and time again by dimoxinil, but why should he have any less right to post about his game than the rest of us? 90% of FPSC projects don't seem to come to fruitation anyways.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 17:12 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 17:15
You are supposed to have a demo. It was one of the new rules that was put in though it seemed as if it was never required. Also, you have a bunch of showcase threads, all of which go nowhere. I agree with FredP having locked your thread because you never complete the things you start..

On the other hand, I'm a little surprised it was locked. Nearly every FPSC project isn't completed so why not lock all the other threads? I don't quite understand why your thread was locked, aside from you making a bunch of awesome stuff and never finishing it.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 17:14 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 17:25
thanks Airslide.

the reason by we left to come to this forum in the past, are one lack of time, and two some times two We met with people in the forun who started to attack us senseless, and the moderators did nothing. Which generated a feeling of great impotence.

Something similar has happened to us recently in the ele treath(showcase). Those things do that you want to go out. that's why we went in the past.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 17:37 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 17:39
Hi Jenkins, first thanks.

Quote: "because you never complete the things you start."

Make a game like E.L.E has long time of develope, it´s not done in a month two or three... and the reason by we left to come to this forum in the pastare one, lack of time, and two, some times We met with people in the forun who started to attack us senseless, and the moderators did nothing. Which generated a feeling of great impotence.

Something similar has happened to us recently in the E.L.E treath(showcase). Those things do that you want to go out. that's why we went in the past.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 18:42
If you want, you can also post it at Gunn3r Games. I think because ELE was presented in the past and then disappeared without any new content, it's been regarded as vaporware. Unfortunately, in order to make it actually believable, you'd have to actually release the demo. ELE looks like a great game, and it would make sense if it didn't take more than one month to finish it up.

Gunn3r Games
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, you could post it on Gunn3rgames, we are quite a loosely based community, we aren't a serious forum we are just a forum to relax and talk about gaming. But of-course its up to you. And this is abit of a outrage that it was locked, I think if you email fredp that you have a demo ready, then he may unlock it, so you can post it there.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 19:30
Quote: "Until you have something substantial to show (like a demo) then don't bother posting about it."

I have to sympathize with dimoxinil here. I was here the first time he posted about E.L.E, and was amazed and disappointed when the thread died.

However, it is pretty clear that a lot of effort has gone into this game, regardless of whether a demo is released it gives inspiration and motivation to new users. My understanding of the showcase was to allow people to see what is being developed with FPSC, and if a completely custom game with the professional quality of E.L.E isn't "substantial" enough, then I think that is very poor judgement indeed.

This kind of strict ruling puts me and probably a lot of others off the idea of posting in the Showcase. I could understand if it was a simple, new game with little prospect, but surely the clear amount of effort put into this game makes it showcase worthy regardless of demo.

Paul
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 19:35
@Deathead, well, we are serious when it comes to posts about game development, but there isn't any flaming that goes on there.

@dimoxinil, Whether you go to the German FPSC forums, Gunn3r Games or where ever, be sure to email me a link to the thread. I'd like to follow this game.

Gunn3r Games
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Deathead, well, we are serious when it comes to posts about game development, but there isn't any flaming that goes on there.
"

Yeah but we are quiet a calm community, and I like calm.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 19:58 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 20:03
Thaks Gunn3r, thanks for the offer of Gunn3r Games, we will consider seriuly.

Thaks Deathead.

A demo never done out until the ended Developers of the game, or beta fase. This involves time and must be authorized by the producer. we aren´t going to get a demo now, by the anger of a child.

Thaks Paul112. Clearly you understand the situation.

Quote: "be sure to email me a link to the thread. I'd like to follow this game"

You do´nt hesitate. Thanks.

Quote: "Yeah but we are quiet a calm community, and I like calm"

Those words have liked me a lot, Gunn3r Games looks like a great option. We could do tutorials of E.L.E desing, i like.

Die Apfelsine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 20:15
I think Syn is right, it would be a very nice idea to post somthing about E.L.E into the german forum. Currently we need just someone with jour skills.
These days theer is at least one new gameprojekt weekly, but almost nobody presents such nice screens as you do.

Also I want to see some new Screens and tidings about E.L.E

PS: Sorry for my bad english->I´m german xD
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 20:15
Quote: "We could do tutorials of E.L.E desing, i like."

That would be fantastic. Es una idea buena!
We can learn a lot from you, and I hope you can learn some from us as well.

Gunn3r Games
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 20:26 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 20:29
we are already doing test in Gunn3r Games, but I would not be a old member, and goes slow. Well.

But I still hope that the situation is settled here. I hope.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Dimoxinil please check your personal messages on Gunn3r games, I have sent a pm about the thread I disproved of, but I will allow you to make one spam thread if nessecary.

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 20:50
I don't think the thread should have been locked either. ELE looks fantastic and even if it doesn't get finished any time soon I still want to see the screens they make, it helps everyone improve their skills seeing this high quality work. I see many games going unfinished on here but a few people seem to get singled out and locked without good reason. Even if a game does not get finished we all benefit from seeing works in progress.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 21:59
Its a bull crap rule. Dark Earth: Vienna Calling Has over 250 posts and there isn't a demo.

Want to blow some time. Watch my videos.
http://youtube.com/user/frankandmarty
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 22:34
I concur, but you can survive if you have a video... which you did have infact, you posted two diffrent links to previous video's of the game, and if the game is still in wip(which we all though it is.) and these previous video's still contain content from the current wip, then I see no problem at all.
(last time I checked the rule(when it was first enforced.) then I should be correct.)
also, A "Showcase" forum really sounds more like showing something off rather than offering it up to play...

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 23:06
dimoxinil

It appears FredP has re opened your showcase thread.

The mods are only human so lets give FredP the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 13:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 13:23:28