Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Sound Zone Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 20:17
I have a question on this topic that I am hoping someone can answer. I have searched the forums for the answer, and all the topics listed have the same response. I have tried everything that the responses state, with no help. Here is what is happening.

Using the prefabs, I created and dressed out the science lab. I then put a sound zone in one of the squares that had an entity in it. I moved the actual blue cube around until it was in a spot next to the entity that I (when testing the level) could walk into, thereby triggering the sound zone. The sound file that is to be played is a .WAV file (a sound recording that I did of myself to test sound zones - I'm anal this way. I like to test things to see how they work before doing the real thing.), and all I changed for the sound zone was the location of the sound file that is to be played. I didn't mess with the script at all.

So I tested the level, and nothing happened when I walked into the sound zone. It didn't even sound like the recording started at all (I turned the volume on my PC way up as a test to see if there was a difference between the recording volume of the PC and the playback volume of FPSC).

I have version 1.09 (don't tell me to go to 1.12 - I had problems with it so I had to go backwards to 1.09). I tested the sound file through Windows Explorer and it plays fine. I tried putting the sound zone in a cell that has no entities - only a floor segment - and nothing. The speakers are turned on, and the volume is turned up.

Can someone provide me with a response as to why this is happening, and how to fix this problem so that sound zones play the recorded sound?

Thanks in advance to all who take a moment to help out here.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 20:22
Just to make sure, is the sound recording within the Audiobank folder? It won't work unless it's in there.

Gunn3r Games
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 22:56
It HAS to be in the audiobank folder? I'll move it in there and post an update tonight.

But I have a question on that one piece: If sound files have to be in the audiobank folder, how can you package an executable file together with all of the needed data for distribution? Or does FPSC create DLLs and CAB files along with the EXE file for installation and distribution?
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 23:04
It does have to be in the audiobank folder, just like if you put in a custom script. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't think you'll need to manually copy over the audiobank on your built game. I think FPSC copies over whatever is used in the game into the built folders. To get it all into one .exe, you would have to use an install creation program. One that's used fairly frequently is made by ClickTeam and is called Install Creator. The commercial version isn't that much, so if this is more than a hobby to you, it might be smart to buy it to take out the splash screen at the end. If you have any other questions, let me know, or sign up on Gunn3r Games and post there.

Gunn3r Games
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 14:49
Put the sound file in the audiobank folder, and it worked. Man, and I a noob at this or what? Thanks for the help, and I'll try not to be such an idiot in the future.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 16:47
No problem. Glad I could help.

Gunn3r Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 13:27:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 13:27:05