Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help with new install of FPS Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hope someone can help. My son was building his own levels and having a blast with the demo version. We bought and installed the full box version on a Vista 32 bit machine and now when he builds his game, the files can't be found in "My Games". They are nowhere to be found. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. We are new to this. Thanks in advance!!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 03:01
I don't have VISTA so I'm not sure I can help. My first question is, "Did you install the most current update version of FPSC? It is currently v1.112 and v1.113 should be coming up very soon if not already. The reason you need to do this is because the demo version uses the more current updates and as far as I know the boxed version still contains v1.0. The older version (very old) probably is not compatible with the demo version and there might be some kind of conflict going on here.

If this does not work then you should probably -- and this also may not work but is worth a try -- uninstall BOTH the Demo and purchased versions. Now delete the folders that contained these versions. Be sure and make backups of the mapbanks your son has created as well as the "My Games" folder so that you at least have not lost anything that was created. Of course losing something in the process is not unusual for any of us using FPSC. I've lost some major work and although it is distressing it is not the end of the world.

Now do the fresh install of your boxed version. After you do this make sure and download and install the most current update of FPSC.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 03:20
Also check and see where he was building the game. When you go in build settings you can choose where you build the game to.

Also, welcome to the forums. I hope you have a good time with FPSC, same goes for your son.

Some advice for you... These forums can get a bit stingy at times, including me lol. So every time you have a question, scroll to the bottom of the page and use the search function. Also make sure to read the manual that comes with FPSC. And lastly, be sure to read Nickydude's official guide.

Welcome to the forums!

dustyg421
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks so much for taking the time to try and help. We'll be updating right away to see if that works. We did keep track of where the game was being saved to and still couldn't find it, so hopefully it's just a matter of updating. Thanks for the warm welcome and I'll post if it works!!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 03:57
Thanks Jenkins for the additional information.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 04:33
Welcome to the forums, dustyg421. Hope to see some great creations out of you.

@F l a t l a n d e r,
Sent you an email.

Gunn3r Games
dustyg421
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks so much again!! It worked and Dusty was up half the night creating...what a cool program. Hopefully I won't have to bother you all again. Hugs and smoochies from a grateful Mom!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 13:32:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 13:32:00