Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is this error because of DGDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "1>------ Build started: Project: 3D Game, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>main.cpp
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft directx sdk (august 2007)\include\dinput.h: DIRECTINPUT_VERSION undefined. Defaulting to version 0x0800
1>Linking...
1>LINK : C:\Users\Rei\Desktop\3D Game\Debug\3D Game.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1> Creating library C:\Users\Rei\Desktop\3D Game\Debug\3D Game.lib and object C:\Users\Rei\Desktop\3D Game\Debug\3D Game.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>Embedding manifest...
1>mt.exe : general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "..\Debug\3D Game.exe". Access is denied.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Rei\Desktop\3D Game\3D Game\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>3D Game - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========="

It shows up sometimes and recompiling makes it go away but sometimes, I have to restart to make it work.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 00:54
No, the error is because of Visual studio.
You don't need a manifest in your application, so you can disable this step if you want.

Open up the properties for your project. Set 'Configuration Properties->Linker->Manifest File->Generate Manifest' to No.

ReiKumar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 01:07 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2008 01:18
Quote: "No, the error is because of Visual studio.
You don't need a manifest in your application, so you can disable this step if you want.

Open up the properties for your project. Set 'Configuration Properties->Linker->Manifest File->Generate Manifest' to No."

Ok, I did it, but what was that doing and why did I disable it?

Edit: I did that but now when I compile and run, I'm getting an error box saying MSVCR90D.dll was not found. Re-installing the app may fix this problem.

Edit: That error only shows up in one of my DGDK programs but the other one is fine.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 01:29
It may be that the one that does work is compiled in release mode, and can find the relevant DLL in the system32 folder. Oh well, you'll have to re-enable it for now then.

I've done a little investigation (google), and it appears this may be a problem caused by your antivirus program. It's scanning the file immediately after the linker has created it, and just before the manifest is added to it - this causes the manifest to fail because it can't open the file for writing.

See if you can flag the program 'mt.exe' in your AV as a trusted program so that your AV doesn't double-check everything it does.

Quote: "1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft directx sdk (august 2007)\include\dinput.h: DIRECTINPUT_VERSION undefined. Defaulting to version 0x0800"

Put this line immediately before the include of dinput.h to get rid of this useless warning:

Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 01:33
Rawr. IanM, you could help me with my problem. >.<
ReiKumar
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "+ Code Snippet

#define DIRECTINPUT_VERSION 0x0800"

Thanks for that.
IanM