Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Light Switch Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 15:29
Good morning all. I am having a problem getting the light switch to work properly in my level. Here's the scenario:

Ambience is set to 0 (horror competition, hehe). I have a dynamic light named Closet1 in (of course) the closet. The range on the light is 100, and is the standard yellow light (I will be altering to a custom color once I get this figured out). I have a light switch next to the closet door, and I set the IFUSED property to Closet1. When I use the light switch, the switch itself turns light or dark, but the light does not come on.

Now, I searched the forums for an answer to this, and the answer I found doesn't make sense. I don't remember who posted it, but someone stated that you need to set the IFUSED script to LightOn.FPI. The only places that I can recall (I am not at my home PC right now) to place scripts for the light are Activate, Main, and Destroy. So I am confused by this answer.

I also want to point out that I CAN get door switches to work (if I use a remote door and a switch). So I am not sure exactly why I cannot get the light switch to work. Has anyone else come across this issue where the switch itself lights up or goes dark but the light doesn't come on or turn off? Can anyone help me out here?
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 16:53
Good morning all once again. I am an idiot. Got this figured out. Topic can be locked. Thanks!
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 17:03
...thanks?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 17:55
You're welcome.

Login to post a reply