Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Collison

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I'm looking through the help files on collision and there are several under-document things that I find. if any one can detail these a little more I'd be grateful.

So I'm guessing this just makes it so the camera ID you pass in jumps back when you collide.

Quote: "dbAutomaticCameraCollision
This command will set the specified camera to automatic collision. Automatic collision takes over the task of adjusting the camera when it hits an object in the 3D scene. Cameras with automatic collision use a collision sphere of the specified radius. If the Response value is set to one, the new position backtracks to the last collision free position when a hit occurs.

Syntax
void dbAutomaticCameraCollision ( int iObject, float fRadius, int iResponse ) "

And this does the same for the objects. Is that limited to DGDK shapes or any objects? I'll have to try that out.
Quote: "dbAutomaticObjectCollision
This command will set the specified object to automatic collision. Automatic collision takes over the task of adjusting the object when it hits another object in the 3D scene. Objects with automatic collision use a collision sphere of the specified radius, ignoring its previous collision shape. If the Response value is set to one, the new position backtracks to the last collision free position when a hit occurs.
[quote]
Syntax
void dbAutomaticObjectCollision ( int iObject, float fRadius, int iResponse ) "

This didn't do anything... My guns still went through my enemy model...
dbSetGlobalCollisionOn
This command will activate the detection of collisions with any two 3D object, irrespective of their individual collision settings.

Syntax
void dbSetGlobalCollisionOn ( void ) [/quote]

Can anyone shed some light on these?

Thanx
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 03:51
If you want the guns to never go through anything, do this:

dbDisableObjectZDepth(gun_id);

That makes it always on top, my friend.
ReiKumar
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope it didnt. My gun still went through my raptor model.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:34:20