Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2d fighting help and background

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
now im doing a fighting game how do you make the moves and put them on the game

what is the command for puting backgrounds on 2d games
Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 11:33 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2003 11:35
I've replied to your email concerning the first one, so I'll just post the email here as well.

Quote: "You have to have a special program for each game, for example if I wanted graphics from Monkey Island I would use a special program, but if I wanted to rip graphics from Street Fighter II I could not use the same program I would have to use a different one, just go to http://www.google.com/ and type in "RIP GAMENAME" without the quotes and change GAMENAME to the name of the game you want to find, for example "RIP Monkey Island" without the quotation marks.
As for the moves, well that is down to you, if you are using 2D then I would suggest to you that you use sprites, type in "SPRITE" without the quotation marks into DBP and hit F1 and see what comes up, if nothing comes up, then delete "SPRITE" and hit F1 and then make your way to the 2D section and see what sprite commands are available.
I also suggest that you assign a key, and when it is pressed it does a move (a sprite animation) for example

Then all you would have to do is check for collision, so if you kick and it hits the other person make the screen go black (so you know the code has worked)

"

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:34:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:34:32