Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / background

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
when making a background do i make the hole scorlling level on one page at once or do i make it all on different pages

im useing paint shop pro 7
Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 11:30
I would do it on different pages to save memory.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 11:37
It really depends on what your doing, I mean a platform game is usually best handled with a tile engine, whereby the screen is cut into a grid, maybe 16x16 pixel blocks, which are then filled with pre-drawn graphics to make platforms, backgrounds etc. If you want to have a large pre-drawn background, PASTE IMAGE would paste it anywhere, but I suggest using a hidden bitmap and copying the screen from the hidden bitmap (which is bigger than the physical screen size) onto the physical screen.
There are a few other methods, if your using sprites, you can just make the background a sprite and change the UV coordinates to get the screen region right - also, sprites are handy if you want to support any resolution, because you can scale them really easily.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:49:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:49:11