Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / bit of help polishing sun corona bloom effects (aaaalmost theeerrre)....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello folks,

I'm new to DGDK and have been working about a week on a space game. Fairly happy with the results, especially as a first go at graphics programming. Thanks to everyone's posts getting me this far....

So I managed to get a sun with a corona, using a bloom camera. But I'm getting three wierd effects. First, I can't change the color. Have no idea why. Second, there's this triangle lens-distortion. Finally, attempts to rotate the star merely removes it altogether.

I know I've done *something* wrong, just don't know what. Any ideas?

-Jason

Jason Held
Years of Service
User Offline
[img]null[/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 12:12
I'm afraid that dbColorObject only works for non-textured objects.
Don't know about that visual artifact, but try to fix it adjusting camera ranges.
Jason Held
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that Morcilla....I'll try and add a ghosted "atmosphere" and see how that goes for morphing colors.

Changing camera ranges didn't seem to have an affect. Was hoping it was something simple but I was just missing it....but I'll just have to leave it alone for now.
Jason Held
Years of Service
User Offline
okay, another symptom. Hopefully this will allow us to narrow down what the problem is with my shaders. When the Sun is half in the screen it disappears entirely.

If this sounds familiar to anyone, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:14:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:14:23