Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Second Camera Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have created a skysphere surrounding some moving water (mutating matrices), and it all looks quite nice. I have created a second camera for a top down view but for some reason the second camera only shows the skysphere. It is not showing the sea or anything else APART from the skysphere, the range is set to allow to see plenty far enough.
I have had the second camera pitching down to check but nothing else is there.

Why is it not showing any objects apart from the sphere?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
SushiBox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 20:19
Can you post the code for your second camera where you have the camera pointing down towards the water? Im thinking your getting confused where your at on your 3D plane and used a wrong coordinate. Thanks.

www.Helios-Online.net
TenaC
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your reply, but I solved it last thing last night...

I forgot to make sure I positioned the camera as the last thing before the game loop, once I made sure I positioned both cameras just before the loop, it works perfectly.

So it's something that I have on a sticker on my monitor now, until it becomes second nature.... ' Position Camera Last '

Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:24:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:24:59