Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK + WiiYourself! library not working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm currently developing a game using DarkGDK and the WiiYourself! library so I can use the wiimote on the PC. The problem I'm having is that for some reason, when I use the normal void DarkGDK() entry point for the program, only a single wiimote is recognized. But if I take out void DarkGDK and create my own WinMain function or switch to a console app with void main, I can recognize up to 4 wiimotes. Here's what I mean.

Only recognizes 1 wiimote

Exact same setup as previous app, but I add WinMain and now I can recognize all 4 remotes.

Everything between the programs stay the same. I'm still including "DarkGDK.h" in both, so all references and library files are still being linked. Does anyone has any insight into what exactly DarkGDK is doing before it calls void DarkGDK()? Or perhaps why in the world my problem is happening?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 02:05
Sorry I cant help, im not smart enough.
I would just like to point out that I have been working for two days straight just trying to get 2 normal pc joypads to work,
after hours of searching past threads I think its fair to say that it is impossible to do with darkGDK alone.
dbPerformChecklistForControlDevice() doesnt seem to exist and dbSetControlDevice() seems to have limited use.
Try looking at GLFW, it apparently is easy to use with darkGDK and has more functionality for control devices, but ill be damned if I can get it to work(although other people have).Like I said, im not smart enough.
ps. if you solve your problem and think you could help me then let me know, thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:15:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:15:34