Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics cloth query

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 17:38
I have made a cloth with only a few vertices to act as a banner in my game.

Is it possible to make the cloth bigger, whilst still using the same number of vertices?

TheSturgeon(playing me at chess) : I will use my powers of the horse and pwnzor you.
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 20:14
What you're looking for is the depth parameter, in the PHY SET CLOTH DIMENSIONS command. This will determine in how many sections the cloth will be divided, based on the calculation (width/depth)+1) and (height/depth)+1 .

Example: PHY SET CLOTH DIMENSIONS 1, 20, 20, 2 will have the same amount of vertices as PHY SET CLOTH DIMENSIONS 1, 10, 10, 1. In both cases these will create a cloth with 11x11 sections and having the same amount of vertices.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 20:33
Thanks Kendor, your a star.

Now my banner is the correct size

TheSturgeon(playing me at chess) : I will use my powers of the horse and pwnzor you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:46:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:46:14