Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / 2D pluginKit help files don't work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 19:33
I just purchased the 2dKit, but have problems getting context help from the IDE. If I go and open manually the htm help files, they also fail to work because many links point to wrong page names.

Additionally the INI file for this plugin help is full of [NO HELP] definitions, so I need to know where to obtain a corrected help version files, and instructions on how to install them.
Of course I could go and make a guesswork to fix it, but it is time consuming and being a new acquisition I expect it to be ok from the installation, specially because am a bit busy.
Please advise...

May the 3d force B with U
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 20:52
Hello,

strange that you get this problem with the help files...
Did you install 2DPluginKIT in the same folder than for DarkBASIC Professional installation ?

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 22:48
Yes, I did. However the links inside the 2Dpluginkit help pages (I have to browse and open manually) make reference to pages that do not exist. The introdution page, tries to call the main help for extends instead of the related one, and of course it does not exist in the path.
Some other links call wrong pages too.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 22:59
Ok,
I'll check this these days.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 00:34 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 01:24
Thanks Freddix, I appreciate if you could check it soon. The ini seems to be the most hard to fix for me, if you could start with that file please.

Another example I found:
Open darkbasicprohelp2DPluginkitP2DK_commands.htm, then click on "2D Particles commands" link, then "Add Particle2P" link. In the "Add Particle 2D" page, click on the "index" link. It fails trying to open a page named "D2PK_commands.htm" which does not exist.
Instead it should point to P2DK_commands.htm so I conclude that it is definitely a midnight-dyslexia typo.

I could edit and fix the html code but in the next upgrade my fixes could end up overwritten by the setup (has happened to me!), so you should give a full detailed look to that issue to have the product OK.

MORE: In the 2D commands page, click "attach particle2d to layer", and it fails to open because it is trying to load "2D Particles`\Attach Particle2D To Layer.htm". There is a tilde just before the backslash. - Another typo- And I have found many other problems. Seems the problem is worse than I thought.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 12:36
Hi,

Ok, I'll fix all these HELP bugs for the next release.

Regards,
Fred

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 14:08
At least could you mail me the correct ini help file before you fix help page links? That would really help. I imagine that if my system did a bad job of installing, somewhere you should have one that has the right context links, and that is very useful for studying your package.
Its a bit frustrating to have a new toy but being unable to learn how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

Ed222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 05:17 Edited at: 14th Oct 2008 05:17
Quote: "Additionally the INI file for this plugin help is full of [NO HELP] definitions"

I get that too

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 05:50
I see you have XP. I was starting to think that the problem was Vista and a bad installation script.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 09:39
no,

in fact, the version of the .INI available in the 1.1 does not have the links to the HTML files. I'll fix with the version containing the links.

Regards,
Fred

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 13:13
I've fixed the keyword.ini
Replace the old one in Editor\Keywords\ with this new one
it should fix the issue.

This fix will also be available in the future 1.2 release.

Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 01:15
Thanks Freddix, this will make the product fun to use!

Ed222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 21:32
Quote: "I've fixed the keyword.ini
Replace the old one in Editor\Keywords\ with this new one
it should fix the issue"

Splended it work's thanks Freddix

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:34:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:34:13