Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Another noob in need...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all! This is my first post here, and what better way is there to introduce oneself than asking (possibly) noobish questions, right?

Well here's my problem:
I just recently installed VS C++, DXSDK and Dark GDK nad went through the whole progress of fixing the errors about missing "wizards" and some other stuff which I can't remember right now. So today I started playing around with the tutorial.
I had no problems until I was supposed to copy these lines into the code:
dbCreateAnimatedSprite ( 1, “animatedsprite.png”, 4, 4, 1 );
dbSprite ( 1, 0, 0, 1 );

Now when I try to debug it I receive the following error message:
"There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the last succesfyl build?"

This is what I found in the BuildLog.htm:

c:\documents and settings\eddlord\mina dokument\visual studio 2008\projects\hello world\hello world\main.cpp(17) : error C2065: '“animatedsprite' : undeclared identifier
c:\documents and settings\eddlord\mina dokument\visual studio 2008\projects\hello world\hello world\main.cpp(17) : error C2228: left of '.png”' must have class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''

So... what am I supposed to do? Got any ideas?
I searched the forums to see if someone had had the same problem but I couldn't find anything.
I'm sorry if I haven't made everything clear enough or something. Just ask and I'll see what information I can give you people to help you help me. ^^

P.S. - My english is not the best, so I apologize if there are any grammatical/spelling errors...
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 18:46
You have to use standard quotes. The angled ones don't work correctly, because the compiler doesn't recognized them as quotation marks.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
Crouching Skunk
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, thanks alot!

I think I could've figured that out eventually by myself but I guess I was too lazy to read through the code a couple of times but not too lazy to post here.

Thanks SunDawg! And what a quick response!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:33:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:33:37