Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / having trouble loading files with ".png" extension

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, im a newbie to game programming, im using visual studio express 2008 with dark GDK to try and create a game but when i try to add a new item, an image.png, i get a dialog box that says:
"A custom build rule to build files with extension ".png" could not be found. Would you like to create a new rule to define custom build rule to build files with this extension?"
can someone help with this and tell me how to create a custom build rule?
thanks.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 13:19
eeer, are you trying to add it to the project resources? That's not strictly needed
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 20:34
We'll need more details.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
iceloop
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, im trying to add it to the project resources, which im used to doing when i program in java. i create a new folder to add any images but then when i have the project open in the IDE(eclipse or in this case vc++) i right click on the project to add the image so i can use it when i am coding the project.
But i guess from what morcilla posted, its not something i need to do with vc++, which could be the problem.
iceloop
Years of Service
User Offline
turns out morcilla was right, it was because i was trying to add it to the project resources. i removed them and it works now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 09:23:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 09:23:51