Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Getting Memblock for Terrain.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 04:55
Hi All,

I have the requirement to build my own terrain in the form of a matrix.

I have the requirement to be able to move my terrain relative to my camera, rather than move the camera relative to world co-ordinates 0,0,0 . I believe this can not be done with the Advanced Terrain (please correct me if I am wrong).

Although I can rebuild a mesh from a HightMap picture, it is currently beyond my knowledge to do a total matrix based "replacement code" for the Advanced Terrain "code" (creating the mesh and remapping the 2 textures. I just don't have the required information about how the Advanced Terrain is built up in its data structures.

Has anyone come across the buildup information of the Advanced Terrain, or across any code that others have created to recreate a matrix based terrain from the 3 pictures used to make an Advanced Terrain.

Or better still, has anyone any insight as to whether it is possible to move the origin of the advance terrain to values other than 0,0,0 dynamically within a game.
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 05:18
NO! NO! Matrices suck!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 09:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 09:26:31