Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help Required - Dark rooms

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I make a room really dark? Would I use a light marker and make it black, then use that to effectively darken the room?

'What happens when you blow up the central reactor core in a skybase on Andramus III? The power goes down and it crashes.' Loki, from my FPS project
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 21:54
1. Read the Manual & download Nickydude's Communityguide.
2. Go to File -> Build Game -> Level Settings -> Global Script
Then change the Ambience Light to 0...
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 23:19
I guess it all depends on if it is just this room that needs to be dark, or does your whole level need to be darkened? Is this one dark room in the middle of an otherwise well-lit level? Or is the whole level supposed to be completely dark?

1. If just the room, changing the ambience level won't do it cuz then the whole level will be dark. Use the light marker and change the light to black. Just make sure that the light perimeter stretches out to the entire edge of the room.

2. If the whole level, then follow the advice above about changing the ambience level to 0. I wouldn't recommend changing the RGB components. Changing the ambience level will change the overall lighting.

Just remember that if you alter the ambience level, the lighting in the whole level is affected. Meaning that you would need to add light markers to every room you wanted to be lit.

Hope this helps!
outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 02:42
download s4mod or efxmod for better lights
and overall gameplay

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 15:19:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 15:19:00