Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Vector3 3D World Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 00:42
Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I've been here. I've been really sidetracked.

Anyways, I'd like to tell you about a 3D world editor I made called Vector3. Below is a link to my website's Vector3 page:

http://www.lujosoftware.homeip.net/vector3.html

Anways. Vector3 is a visual world editor, that enables the user to create their very own, textured, 3D worlds with just the mouse and keyboard. You don't need an excessive knowledge about world building or modelling, too!

It operates entirely from an easy-to-use interface, and a large 3D grid where you can place various primitives. You can go up and down layers to make tall buildings. You can use up to 5 cameras, as well.

Cameras have various settings. Some will remain at an eagle-eye position, some can fly, and some enable you to 'walk' around.

Objects and primitives are easily textured with a neat texture browser. Open it up, and it will give thumbnails of all the textures in the Textures folder you can use.

The installation is complete with help files, as well.

The download link is on my site, and here are some shots. Please note, that my editor does NOT have lightmapping ability. I made a lightmapper, too.

Vector3 has a free 14-day trial with no restrictions, as does all my software.

Vector3 3D World Creator - By Luke Escude
Lumenous Flux Lightmapping Application - By Luke Escude
http://www.lujosoftware.com
luke escude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 04:23
Please tell me what you think of my program! It won't bite!

Bozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 22:51
It looks alright... A bit primitive in my opinion... It looks as though it should be in WIP, not Program Announcements.

Ideas:

Improve on the interface... try implementing something using C# or VB.NET, and then using file mapping or whatever it's called. That will make the interface nicer.

"I'm a firm believer that if a team scores one goal, then the other has to score two to win."
luke escude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 23:56
Well the idea behind such a simple (primitive) interface is the fact that it is easy to use for a world-building novice

I used BlueGUI for the interface.

If the program was elaborate, then it wouldn't be too easy to figure out. Nevertheless, thank you for your opinions!

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2008 04:10
It looks pretty good, but the low FPS worries me. Can you still do stuff without too much lag?

luke escude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 01:41
Yes, well that low FPS in the screenshot is because I was testing on a Windows 2000 computer (1992), so I decided I would go ahead and make the screenshots there.

I am sure your computer is a bit newer than 1992, so such a low FPS won't be a problem. Due to the inner workings of BlueGUI, you may experience some lag.

Game Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Well.

Creative name.

I think it is a ok program but thinking you made it with DarkBASIC kinda amazeses me.

Good job programing!

Keep it up!

I hope the next version of it is even better

Yours Truly, Game Guy
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2008 13:39 Edited at: 18th Dec 2008 13:40
ummm, I write programs like these in my spare time for fun, in fact I could snippet a whole source right here if I wanted to... it's nice and everything, but 15 dollars? WORLD is free, and nicer, and has help, and a team...

So while you do a good job for primitives (though mine also has objects)... it's not worth paying for compared to what's out there.

I'd release the program for free and get opinions on how to change it and make it more usable. A good program can always get better.

Also, to load a model, use the FileRequester and make sure it doesn't do anything if there's no selection, otherwise you'll crash... just a bug I always hit during initial testing.

Later.

LLRGT omglol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 17:02:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 17:02:07