Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / character .... again and again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 18:02 Edited at: 18th Oct 2008 18:03
Long time ago (about two years !! ), when DP was released, we've complined about really bad character control.

Now, Its the same problem. I dont understand, why character is moving DOWN, when i dont want to move it down. problem with gravity, pushing object ....

Why TGC just leave this project unfinished without any effort to completed it. It cost lots of money.

Of course, there are new commands, which are really nicely documented. For example :

Nice explantation of command ...

Please, dont tell me, that I HAVE to use another alternatives, its just stupid. This COST money, It HAVE TO work CORRECTLY.

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 21:11
Have you seen the convention 08 videos yet, if not, give the one with Lee's name in the title a view.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 23:06
HowDo: yes, I have seen it .. 15 minutes ago I hope, that all these things will be solved.

--

I am complaining, because, It doesnt working correctly almost two years, and now, I was trying to make something, and still, it doesnt work, as I want ..

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 00:21
Will just have to wait and see what happens, hope that things get better, have your error demos ready for when it does so you can say fixed or not.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This COST money, It HAVE TO work CORRECTLY."

Yup. This is what ive been pissed off about since it was released. Selling such an unfinished product is just stupid. I swear theres some kind of law about selling products, which dont do what there supposed to do.

CPU: AMD X2 6000+ 3.0ghz GFX: NVIDIA BFG Geforce 8800GTS 640MB OC-550mhz core RAM: 2048mb

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 11:47
My vision, how character should be working is:

There are commands like:
PHY MAKE CHARACTER
PHY MOVE CHARACTER

PHY MOVE CHARACTER should works like MOVE OBJECT command. Other things like gravity, jumping, crouching... Its up to programmer, how does he make it. (strange gravity is applied to character without acceleration, which cant be changed and when you move character to forward, Oh, you move forward, but gravity is bigger )

At least this should be work correcly. All other thing like pushing object can be done by vectors and forces.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:11:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:11:03