Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sync problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
so i make this 2D game and i got strange problem that i cant really under stand

[/code]
for(i=1;i<=3;i++)
{

if(i==1)
write("Turn 1");
else
if(i==2)
write("Turn 2");
else
if(i==3)
write("Turn 3");

for(j=6;j>=-1;j--)
{
for(m=1;m<=num;m++)
{
if(a[i][m].speed==j)
attack(m,i);
}
}

update(m,i,seder);
dbSync();
dbWaitKey();
dbSync();

}

update(m,i,seder);

dbSync();
dbWaitKey();
[code]

attack and update should do a text on the screen and attack can also move sprites but when i run this its not moving the sprites and write text at the same time whats the problem can someone tell BTW i made this game in Dark GDK game and not Dark GDK 2D Game it may be important i don't know
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 02:56
Where's the rest of your code? I don't see you declaring any sprites nor do I see the pertinent code for the update function.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
gourd
Years of Service
User Offline
the code is too long its about 2000 lines so i couldn't put it but i said all that is needed i think in order that someone will understand the problem
SushiBox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 20:39
Just upload the source file as an attachment. Also, you used the code tags backwards...

www.Helios-Online.net
gourd
Years of Service
User Offline
ok here is the code its kinda messed up but i am sure you can find what you looking for here to help me out in this BTW

that reminds me i got another question how can i show string in dbText function because it crashes no matter what i am trying to do help me with that too please any help will be accepted because that's my 3rd question that i ask and nobody helped me so far

Attachments

Login to view attachments
gourd
Years of Service
User Offline
third time i ask something and nobody answer =\
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 19:21 Edited at: 28th Oct 2008 19:21
Well if you don't bother to make a proper post and explain the problem clearly, it's not surprising! You can't just post an incomplete, badly formatted piece of code and then expect someone to magically fix it for you.

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 20:03
I've got a good idea maybe you could try using some punctuation it makes your posts much easier to read go on give it a try.

gourd
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok so I gave up my first question I just cant understand how to explain whats the problem about,But my second question is more easy to explain I use string in my programs and I want that Dark GDK Functions such as dbText could Print string but it makes an Error(I know it suppose to)but there is nothing I can do with it I tried dbStr but it crashed and I tried to make Function that get string as Parameter and return char* but it also crashed Sorry for my grammar I know its not good but that's the best way I could write my Problem Hope you will understand and Answer me,Sorry for my previous post I tried to ask about some sync Problem that I think that's impossible to solve because I red somewhere in the Forums that you cant use Text and Sprites together so I decided to make my texts as sprites if you got better way please let me know That's all for meanwhile

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 09:28:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 09:28:16