Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Problems with lighting and full shader effects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 23:10
Hey,

I have I problem with my lighting and full shader effects. Every time I test my game, bars and streaks of color move all over the screen really fast at diiferent angles and sizes. I can't see what is going on in the game.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this. Thanks.

I also wondered if there is anyway to just make my computer faster all together. Like maybe something I could buy or download. It's really slow and can only play basic games with minimal lighting and not too many objects or enemies.

-Ozzy
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 23:35
I never heard of that problem before.

I don't know your computer specifications, but somethings that you can do to speed up your computer are:

Do not download things while you are testing or building the game.

For now try not to put too many lights in your games, because that takes a lot of computer power. Just stick with the ambient light.

Run just the necessary programs in the background.

Upgrade to the latest version of FPS Creator.

Maybe depending of your computer specification upgrade your video card drivers or just get a better video card.

Why don't you post your computer specs and we can go from there. Try those things first.

| (o o) |
| --oooO--(_)--Oooo--- |
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 23:42 Edited at: 20th Oct 2008 23:48
have you thought about purchasing a graphics card? that will help, and if you want your computer to run faster buy some more RAM, if you are completely new to computers then that probably doesn't mean much to you. if you want some personal help email me.

Here are some links to Nvidia Graphics Cards
Nvidia Geforce 7600GS http://www.ebuyer.com/product/119695
Nvidia Geforce 8500GT http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126986

The last one also allows DirectX 10 graphics even thought you can't get DirectX 10 for Windows XP.

To help things run a little faster and smoother try going through these simple steps to defragment your computer.
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter.
When it has loaded up select your hard drive by just left clicking on it and click defragment, 9if you have more than 1 drive just defragment each in turn. It just helps to pack things together on your computer nicely, therefore helping the software and computer in general to run a little more efficiently.
Hope this helps

BJKDAW
OzzyZigg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 23:49
Do you mean this?

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

There is a lot of other stuff but these are the only ones that seem to have anything to do with graphics, video, and sound.

Intel Graphics Controller
Processors
Intel Celeron CPU 2.80GHz

And then there are a bunch of system devices.

Is that all you need?

Also one more thing I forgot to say was the characters and guns look weird in full shader effects. they change color and are sometimes transparent. These character and gun problems started after I got the latest update from the FPSC website.

Thanks for the help.

-Ozzy
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 04:00
It looks like you have a stock video card. It would probably help if you update the video drivers, or even better if you have the money just buy a better video card and more memory. That will make the game run smoother and get better graphics.

Maybe if you downgrade just one version of FPS Creator also would help for the moment until you are able to get the hardware.

| (o o) |
| --oooO--(_)--Oooo--- |
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 14:35 Edited at: 21st Oct 2008 14:36
Quote: "Intel Graphics Controller"

Stock Video Card? It's an integrated graphics chip.

You won't get any more performance out of it because that chip is simply too low-performance and reeeeaaaallllyyy low-tec... and I'm quite sure it doesn't support shader effects / Direct3D 9

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 19:17 Edited at: 21st Oct 2008 19:18
Quote: "For now try not to put too many lights in your games, because that takes a lot of computer power. Just stick with the ambient light."

Putting fewer static lights into your game wont help performance, the shadows are created during game build, use as many of these as you like only the build time will increase. Keep dynamic lights to a minimum though.
Nighthawk is correct that chip wont support shaders and is real low tech.
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2008 08:40
Just don't follow my advise, the others know more than I do. Nighthawk and rolfy are right.

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---
OzzyZigg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 23:28
Allright, thanks for all the help.

-Ozzy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 15:20:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 15:20:23