Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / loading next level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I\'m somewhat new to FPSC but i\'m comming with a basic question.
I\'m trying to connect two levels (level1 and level2)
I have the 2 levels already made and in the first level i made a winzone. When the player crosses the winzone the first level restarts, instead of starting level 2. What am i doing wrong or just not doing? I\'ve tried, several times, to delete all levels and Add them again, in the \"build\" screen, but all remains the same. I\'m also using the build screen of the first level in order to give the levels information.
app developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I think i'm doing everything right. I've read the manual that comes with the cd and i've seen the posts in the forums!!!
Is there any file that i need to edit?
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2008 19:56
There are a couple of questions I have that might help all of us to better understand your problem:

1. Are you testing the level, or did you use the Build Game feature?

2. If Build Game, did you include all of your levels?

3. Not sure of this, but there might be a zone just for ending the level and not winning the game. Did you try using a different zone type?

4. Did you alter the script the zone uses? Are you using a different script than the normal one for the zone?
app developer
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for your answer

i'll try to answer directly to your questions

1: i used the Build Game

2: yes, i included the 2 levels i made

3: i tryed only the win zone

4: i didn't changed the script. I'm still new to fpsc and i just made the levels without any scripting

one other thing. I'm not saving the levels in the default directory that fpsc shows when we try to save the level. I'm saving them in a different directory (c:\all\development\fpsc\G4T_1)
app developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, looks like i solved the problem

Indeed, we have to use the directory proposed by FPSC. We cannot use another directory.
It would be great that in future version that would be solved, in order for us to better organize the game files
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 21:25
New to the forums? Hi, welcome! You'll find a friendly atmosphere brimming with expert service (Plystire and Airslide and all the modders out there!) but there is one rule that hasn't always been mentioned.

Don't double post. (When you post one message after the one you done before someone else replies to it.
If you ever want to change your post, look at your message, and click Edit Post.

Have fun!

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 21:44
Quote: "Don't double post. (When you post one message after the one you done before someone else replies to it.
If you ever want to change your post, look at your message, and click Edit Post."

He went 5 days between posts. I think he can be forgiven for the double post thing here.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 09:12
Yes, I think double posting becomes "okay" if:

1) It's your thread
2) It'd be considered a "bump"

Good to hear you've solved the issue. You'll find that FPSC really does prefer to use it's own default directories and not custom ones. Custom ones are okay if they are made INSIDE the default directories, though.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 15:24:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 15:24:06