Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Footstep Sounds...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2008 04:45
I have changed the speed of my character to 250, from the default 100, but I have a bit of a problem now. How do I go about getting rid of the rapid footstep sounds? Is there a way to make it sound a bit more "realistic"?

Off topic, I'm new to the TGC community and this is my first time using FPSC, so be gentle.
outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 01:31 Edited at: 24th Oct 2008 01:34
ok well welcome to fpsc .
of if you want to get rid of the foot steps, after the game is built goto your game folder, then the gamecore, then locate where the sound file for the footsteps (sorry im on a laptop without fps creator and don't have any built games here otherwise id give you the exact place.) then either delete it, make a dummy WITH THE SAME NAME!!! (a sound file without any sound, which can be created using an audio editing program) or speed up the sound (also with audio editing)
hope this kinda helped... good luck[b]

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
you can do the same before the building the game

Red Eye Productions © Copyright 2008
Shamrock Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 17:57
I still want to include footstep sounds, I just don't want them to be as rapid as they are now. With your help though, I think I have found the solution...

Instead of removing the footstep audio file, or speeding it up, implement a new, slower, audio file. TADA! I should have figured this out days ago. If something this simple plagues me, I feel the future may not be so bright...

Thank you for the help gentlemen, I am sure this will not be my last plea for help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 15:19:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 15:19:49