Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / SFX gun problems.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble. I found/made some SFX for some guns and added them by naming the files correctly and over-writing the files in the gamecore for the respected weapon. Now almost everything worked, except one gun: the MCS870 Shotgun from the MP9 pack.

I changed the following files: fire.wav and cock.wav, now fire works but cock no longer gets used or I just can't hear it, I've tried another file and even the original file, no cock.wav file sounds in the game for this gun. what have I done wrong and how can I fix it?

Hope this is the right spot for this, I couldn't find a better one.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
TGC has added hard-coding for gun sounds added and sound5 no longer works in official FPSC. You will have to find a work-around because as-is:

sound1 = fire
sound2 =
sound3 = dryfire
sound4 = putaway

Assuming you have placed reload as sound2, you can put the cocking sound in sound3 or sound4 but that will mean either when the gun is out of ammo or you put the gun away you will hear the cocking sound.
Lockheart
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't change how the sound files are played I left it the way the shotgun original was laid out when it was released, it worked fine until I changed it.

This is how it's laid out from the original file:

all I changed was by overwriting the files already within the folder of the weapon, nothing more.

If I were to rearrange the sound files how would I make sure each sound played at the right time?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 15:22:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 15:22:31