Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Voice Over Artist

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 00:04
Hello all!

I happen to be a voice over artist, and Im looking for a bit of work, as I have nothing much to do nowadays.

The voices/accents I can do are:

- American
- Very Posh English
- London English
- Welsh
- Irish
- Scottish
- Australian
- Russian

If you would like a sample, then please send me a script, and any requirements, and I will turn it around as soon as possible.

Cheers all

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 01:13
How about a quick sample for everyone here, so we know your talent?

Try an American voice, with an American accent, saying something like "Hello, I am the bacon boy. Bow down to the Bacon Boy!"

Upload it to your post and then everyone will have a good idea of what you are capable of.

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 01:51 Edited at: 25th Oct 2008 02:16
haha, thank you Xenocythe, for setting me up there!

I've recorded an American voice, but I've actually said something different, for phonetical purposes. When an American says what you asked me to say, it sounds very similar to an English voice, which is what I have, so it would give a bad impression.
Instead, I have recorded "Dude, where's my car?", in dedication to the film

Edit: Ive got to say, it wasnt great, as I didnt really have a good script in front of me. Given a script, I am much better! Honest!
The American accent is not my strongest, but my English, Australian and Irish are pretty strong out of all of them, so maybe an American sample was not eh best idea....oopsy!

Attached is the file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 06:18
If I gave you some scripts, it would require a wide range of emotions (including anger and pain sounds) and some swearing, would that be something you could do?

If so, I could get quite a few scripts made in the next couple days. But it may be alot, like a few pages worth... let me know if you wouldn't mind.

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."
baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 11:57
Yeah, that sounds fine to me, just give me an idea as to what kind of character I'm playing, so stuff like nationality, age, smoker or non smoker, etc etc.

Cheers

Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 01:34
Alright, I will give full discriptions and as much information as I think is necessary, I will email you when I have one character completed (should be sometime tomorrow). Thanks for the offer!

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:42:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:42:17