Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / A New Kind of Victory

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 19:28
This song took me a little while to finish. It is a partially orchestrated piece with piano as the lead. I actually made to experiment a little more with harmonies and rythm. I think I did pretty good on it for work of about 5/6 hours. I may add a better ending, but I dunno.

The song is about 3:15 minutes long (My longest so far)

I can see this going in a war game of some sort Anyone agree with me?

-Dan

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 20:10
That was very good.

My only complaint would be the drums playing continously for ~2 minutes. Maybe Add a pause somewhere. They sounded good though, I didn't really mind them that much. Strings were gentle, nice and fluffy, the piano...perhaps a bit bright? I think a "darker" one would satisfy me. But you didn't make the song to satisfy me personally, so it's your call.

You're coming along great.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 20:19 Edited at: 25th Oct 2008 20:21
Thanks, Grandma

You and Rudolpho have helped me a lot since I started in this whole composing deal

Actually, whenever I first made the piano part on my keyboard, it was supposed to be an octave lower, but I didn't want to cause any distortion between the strings or the harmony instruments

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 18:45
I think the octave choise is perfect (yes, I take the liberty to say that since you've only got about eight to choose from )

Yes, this song must by far be your best this far; good mixing and instrument settings along with a working melody.
I'd agree with Grandma that it might have done well to have a break (read silence) in the percussion part, but moreover, I think you could have tried to vary it a bit. It just sounded rather repetive after the eight or so loop... then add ~ 32 more..
But others than that (and the obvious lack of an ending; but hey, you've got a nice intro!), everything is very well done
(Including the infamous reverb levels )

A thing I might have done though, but this is just in my opinion, would have been to have the piano's sustain pedal pressed every now and then - gives a nice effect IMO.

And thanks for the aknowledgement - again, you're doing great

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 20:09
When I said "darker", I didn't mean octave-wise. I'm not sure what I meant, but it wasn't octave.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 20:11
Yeah, I get what you mean - I hinted at him writing "I intentionally planned to have the piano play one octave lower"

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2008 13:29
lol thanks guys I may post the Title Screen song loop that I made for Sylerean Online, but I'm not sure if Crank(Sushibox) will get mad at me

-Dan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:40:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 19:40:15