Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Stahl der Armee: Please think it over again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 23:32 Edited at: 26th Oct 2008 23:34
Dear American Infantry,
I read your now locked thread with your latest game project "Stahl der Armee" and must say i feel very embarrased by your storyline. I know that there is a large amount of "aternate history" fiction on the american market starting from Philip K. Dicks great novel on how the world would have turned out IF the Nazis had won the war to some recent videogame title with a similar notion. But your storyline has another and in my humble opinion evil and insulting twist: You propose that "The german Army" is somehow continually threatening the world with plans for domination and driven by a "revenge plan" for their previous attempts. Besides the brutal historical ignorance you show by making up such a story it shows that you don't have a slightest idea of the difference between "alternate reality" and insultation the of a whole country. i know that the Nazi theme is still strong in the games industry and as long as it has the line clearly drawn showing it is mere fiction/history, that's fine by me. I simply feel insulted by your idea of Nazis STILL ruling in Germany and ignoring our succesfully prospering democracy and multicultural development in the heart of europe. Besides that speaking three and a half words in my language doesn't seem to make you understand me. You might as well think it over again and refer to something you perhaps have studied more thouroughly, like the american history, which may or may not offer enough historical scenarios suitable for an (even controversal) background for your next game.
Please try to also keep in account that there are maybe more german members of the Game Creators Community who feel the same....

Best regards
Daarboven

ps: it's Todeskommandos if you at last want to spell right.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 23:39
That would have been better sent as an email daarboven.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 15:23:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 15:23:54