Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Play sound at level end

Author
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 03:30
I am working on a game where there are 3 enemies to kill and 1 character you have to "rescue". I set each enemy where the objective is set as 1, 2, 3. I set the win zone as objection 4 and had a sound that played. I then noticed if I "rescued" the character first, the sound played, but the level did not end until the 3 enemies were killed.

My question is can I somehow have a sound play at the end of the level? Whether you rescue the character and kill the 3 enemies, or kill the 3 enemies and then rescue the character. Whichever order the player wants to complete the level, but I'd like the final sound to play regardless of which order as the level fades out. Is this possible?
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 00:22
I have tried to find ways to do similar things but I dont think it is really possible without some kind of scripting. Does this sound have to play right when the character is rescued within the level? If you want a sound to be played after a level you can add it onto the fpi for the next levels loading screen or add it to the game over screen if there is no level after that one. Maybe someone else has a better solution though.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 21:01
I was hoping the sound would play right at the level end as it fades and then goes to the next level. However, I've made it so it plays once you "rescue" the character. Perhaps with more study and practice I'll figure it out, but for now I am happy with the current turn out I am getting.

Thanks for the post and insight. Appreciate your time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 15:22:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 15:22:33