Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / problems :'(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 23:28
Im having problem with s4mod i dont know how to install and everyones getting bored of me posting on the s4mod thread so, how do i install? can you tell me properly in every detail and the questions follow below
1. s4mod has airmod if im not mistaken
2. if i install latest version will i have Eai's ironsights auto in game?
many thanks
~Noobyshot

-Noobyshot
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 23:42
I don't know, but I like your name.

Best.

Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 23:48
xD appreciated

-Noobyshot
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 00:07
Hi

Techically, you should do the downgrade to 1.07 or 1.08 the preper way, But what I find is if you just run the installer of 1.07 or 1.08 over your current install, back up your FPSC-Game.exe (you can just rename it FPSC-Game_original.exe or something just so it isnt overwritten if you need to use it again), then put the FPSC-Game.exe from the s4 mod in the folder. Run fpsc cleaner. After this, open fpsc, and go to file/build game and build any map, doesnt matter which one, just build a map before you do any game testing or anything. For some reason, after you build game you no longer get errors in test game and the mod works. I have no idea why but it does. ust a happy accident I encountered.

As far as using the other add ons, I don't know about those. someone with airmod experience can help,

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 00:15 Edited at: 31st Oct 2008 00:20
This is how I installed S4MOD...

1) I created a separate installation for FPSC (on a second hard-drive) which I updated to v1.07

2) I renamed FPSC-Game.exe to FPSC-Game_original.exe

3) I put the S4MOD executable into the folder where the original FPSC-Game.exe was....

Now when you run FPSC and test game and build a game it will use the S4MOD executable...

To answer your questions: Yes it has Airmod and as long as you are using Iron Sight compatible guns then yes you will have them automatically in game...

EDIT
Curse my incredibly slow typing speed

"Quoting yourself is stupid and self-centered"-Thraxas
Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 19:57
Thanks everyone for your help this should clear up alot of probs with me

-Noobyshot
Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 10:21
another question i dont have a removeable hard drive and if i downgrade by uninstall will i lose everything i bought from tgc store?

-Noobyshot
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 11:15
No, you won't

But it's best to just copy your stuff into a different folder as a temporary backup if you're worried.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 22:42
i did everything that thraxas said but it still won't work. When i start up fpsc an error message appears instantly (Screeny)
It maby because i din't do this that dennis b mentioned but i didn;t understand it.
Quote: "Run fpsc cleaner"

-Noobyshot

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2008 15:14
i think i got it working but how do i know?

-Noobyshot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:26:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:26:14