Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Modeling?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 21:26
I was wondering..... what tool should I use to model? I can only use trails and free stuff so it limits my options. Could you guys help me decide what modeling tool I should use? I really want to start building my own models/characters/and weapons.

Walk carefully among the dead.... for among those who die are those who live....

Caboose
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Click on me.

Don't click the image, it links to an image hosting site!
Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 22:03
Theres not many free programs that can make actual high quality models, unless its belnder but blender has like an impossible UI. I use 3ds max, but if your looking for free programs Max is NOT the way to go, lol. Milkshape is only 25 bucks, thats pretty good as well

dude if you really want a turkey sandwich, then make one, and make ham.sdaF?
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 22:23
Quote: "unless its belnder but blender has like an impossible UI."

Not really, I quite like it, it's a godsend, if you get the right tutroials....

Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 22:27
Quote: "
Not really, I quite like it, it's a godsend, if you get the right tutroials...."

I guess so, i mean, i never really bothered to learn it, seeing as how i had milkshape as well and i have max now so i dont really bother with blender

dude if you really want a turkey sandwich, then make one, and make ham.sdaF?
Caboose 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 00:03
what can blender do?

Walk carefully among the dead.... for among those who die are those who live....

Caboose
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 00:16
Modelling....

ninja9578
Years of Service
User Offline
Blender can do anything that you want. It can do extremely high quality models, high quality textures, materials, rigging... You have to get used to it because most things that you will do are best used through keyboard shortcuts, which I find are better than Maya.

I'm also using it for cutscene animation because it has a great physics engine and I like the way that raytraced mirrors and such look.

Nothing is impossible
Caboose 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 03:19
oh cool. I am trying it out now. Seems confusing but I will search tuts to see how it works. I might use it. Thanks

Caboose

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:24:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:24:48